We do take books in for trade but do not give cash. Instead:
- for any books we take, we offer 20% of the new value of the book in store credit
- store credit can be used for up to 50% of a purchase
- store credit can accumulate on your account and will not expire
- we do not guarantee a return on any books previously purchased
The kind of books we look for are:
- book club choices and recent award winners in paperback
- classics in paperback or hardback
- popular children’s books in great condition (think Wimpy Kids, Harry Potter, Magic Tree House)
- unusual and eclectic vintage treasures
- popular current reads (think Grisham, Patterson, Lee Child, Nora Roberts)
No appointment is necessary; books can be dropped off at any time. We’ll call you with the total to be credited to your account. Unwanted books will be donated or you can pick them up.
Store credit can be applied towards used books already in the store. It cannot be applied against special orders, new books or other items (such as journals, soaps, pins etc).